Digital Rx has been successfully integrated with numerous EMR and Practice Management applications using one of three available technical models. The most popular model maintains the EMR and Digital Rx applications as stand-alone tools that electronically exchange data pertaining to the Physician, patient demographics, and the patient’s medication history data. Digital Rx integration partners have the option to “Private-Label” Digital Rx, whereby H2H will customize the application in order to present Physicians with a similar look and feel to their existing PM/EMR system. The only requirement for utilizing Digital Rx in the integrated models is having access to the Internet with an appropriate web browser (IE-7, Chrome, Mozilla, and Safari).
The three integration options include:
- One-time Demographic Upload
- Loads all existing patients and Physician’s data into Digital Rx
- Utilizes published web-based system services to perform the upload
- One-Way Interface
- Patient data and Physician data managed within the EMR are automatically updated in Digital Rx as being “View-Only”, eliminating synchronizing between the two systems
- Two-Way Interface
- Data pertaining to medication history, allergies, eligibility, formularies, recent prescriptions, etc., can all be exchanged seamlessly between Digital Rx and the EMR or Practice Management System, insuring that patient records are up to date and comprehensive,
- The Two-Way Interface can be preformed in a real-time mode, or via regularly sequenced batch transactions that can be scheduled to take place during off-peak office hours.
Whichever method of integration our Physician or Vendor Partners prefer to utilize, H2H has crafted dozens of existing implementations that are all working successfully. Integrations vary with different vendor products, and H2H would be pleased to schedule a discussion with its Technical Team in order to review the specifics pertaining to your office or company.